Listen To This.

Hey everyone.


It's Christmastime.


(I know, I know...Thanksgiving comes first...I'm just saying, a month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is not long enough to celebrate the season. So. Christmastime it is!)


When Tim and I first got married eons and eons ago, we decided to buy one Christmas album each year to add to our musical repertoire. If there's one thing we both absolutely love, it's good Christmas music.

I think we've done a pretty good job since then:



Year One: Jackson 5. 



Year Two: The man himself, Andrea Bocelli.
Best song: The Lord's Prayer
(I know, it's not technically a Christmas song...but he does a duet with MoTab and if it doesn't bring you to tears while listening to it, then you have no soul.)



Year Three: Brenda Lee.
Best song (Besides Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, that is): Papa Noel



Year Four: Cee Lo Green.




Year Four, Numero Dos (we got it for free during an Amazon special): Holidays Rule compilation.
Best song: Sleigh Ride by Fun.

I mean, pretty good, right? If you haven't listened to any of those albums or you're looking for something new or a little different this year, give one of them a shot. Or all of them. Whatever.


In the meantime, for this year, we decided to do something a little bit different. Instead of picking an album, we decided to pick 15 songs a piece from different albums.  We had a great time last night finding the best renditions of our favorite Christmas songs, drinking hot cocoa, and putting on the fir-scented candles.

(P.S., DID YOU KNOW NETFLIX TOOK DOWN FIREPLACE FOR YOUR HOME??? GAHHHHHH THEY ARE RUINING CHRISTMAS!!!!)

Anyways, I wanted to find a good version of Still, Still, Still that wasn't too over-the-top.  I stumbled across this perfect version, which then led me to the entire album, which, as it turns out, is a pretty fabulous album. And it's only $10 on iTunes.

I picked a bunch of songs off of that album. For my other songs, I picked some from my childhood (can you say Raffi anyone?), a couple from Mindy Gledhill's Christmas album, and rounded it out with a classic by Ella Fitzgerald. Here's my complete list:

  1. Once In Royal David's City by Amy Gileadi
  2. Silent Night by Marcus Bently
  3. In the Bleak Midwinter by Mindy Gledhill
  4. Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by Paul Jacobsen/Amy Gileadi
  5. Still, Still, Still by Amy Gileadi
  6. With Wondering Awe by Debra Fotheringham
  7. Patapan / O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Mindy Gledhill
  8. Winter Moon by Mindy Gledhill
  9. Old Toy Trains by Raffi
  10. Must be Santa by Raffi
  11. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Ella Fitzgerald

You may notice that I have 4 more songs to go.  I need some recommendations. What's your favorite Christmas song? Leave me a comment and tell me why it's your favorite, too!

I'll put Tim's list up soon--he picked out some great ones as well.  But for now, the pup is begging to go out and romp around while I listen to my new Christmas music on my iPhone.